This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
A Case of Distrust
The Wandering Ben
A Case of Distrust is a narrative mystery from 1924 San Francisco. Play as private investigator Phyllis Cadence Malone in this historical 2D adventure game. Explore underground speakeasies, smoke-filled billiard halls, classic barber shops, and more. Catch suspects in lies by using evidence, statements, and your wits. Intrinsic challenges face our heroine, as she struggles against a pushback on emancipation, leading to many doubts, both internal and external. Uncover the truth in a mystery full of deception!
- A hardboiled mystery, working past deceptive characters towards the truth
- 1924 San Francisco with historically accurate details
- Saul Bass inspired visuals and scene transitions
- Finger-snapping music that gives style to the roaring 20s
- Themes of poverty, racism, and emancipation that tie into contemporary issues